Thinking of becoming a Buckeye Insurance Group agent?
Buckeye was established in Ohio in 1879 as The German Baptist Mutual Fire and Lightning
Insurance Association. Significant growth followed in the 1950s and ‘60s through
increased business and absorption of small farm mutual companies.
Continued growth expanded with opportunities outside of Ohio and includes our entry
into the following active states:
South Dakota (2006)
Throughout the years, we have positioned the stability and success of our company
on the strength of a dedicated staff of agents and employees. We believe an agency’s
committed, conscientious attitude toward their clients and community reflects our
interest in the people we serve.
The benefits you receive with Buckeye Insurance Group include:
Programs that benefit your Agency and Insured
- Competitive Commissions (extra incentive on farmowner policies)
- Reasonable Volume Commitments
- Preferred Agency Program (Benefits include Profit Sharing Guarantee Elective)
- Enhanced Co-op Allowances
- Claims Draft Authority
Our Personal Lines programs include:
- Personal and Farm Auto
- Dwelling Fire (DP-1, DP-2, DP-3)
- Personal Umbrella ($1M, $2M, $3M, $4M, $5M)
- Inland Marine
- Home-based Business
Unique products and coverage set us apart from our competition.
- With our strong commitment to farm, our competitive rates and a variety of endorsement
options allow the flexibility to tailor a farm policy to your customer’s needs in
- Personal and farm vehicles and trailers all on one policy. No vehicle limit per policy.
- Personal Auto Full Safety Glass coverage (waives comp deductible for all glass losses).
- We offer a true Form 5 policy in our Home and Farm lines.
- Our Home Protector Program allows you to have Coverage A at 40%, 60%, 80% or full
replacement cost and still offer Form 3 coverage with replacement cost less settlement.
- Equipment Breakdown available for Home and Farm
- ID Theft Coverage - automatically includes free 3rd Party ID Restoration Services.
- Storm Clean-up Endorsement for Home and Farm.
Technology That Keeps Pace With Your Agency
Agent Web Site
Growth and advancement in technology has made Buckeye unique in comparison to other
mid-sized regional carriers. Our agents’ web site, Buckeye Online, gives you immediate
access to real-time policy inquiry, posting of payments, and claim submission. In
addition, our Auto, Home, and Dwelling Fire rating wizards allow you to rate and
issue new applications and policy endorsements online.
Submitting claims is fast and convenient with our real-time claim reporting feature. Once all data is entered, the claim is ready to be submitted to the company for further processing.
Your office is busy and you need progressive technology. That’s why we create technology that is easy to use, so you can spend your time with the customer, not the computer.
Download is available for Auto and Home lines of business.
Month-to-date and Year-to-date online reports:
Exceptional Service By Our Dedicated Staff
Unreturned phone calls and automated phone systems are not an option for Buckeye customers. That is why we do not have an automated phone tree to answer your call during business hours.
We pride ourselves on being there when our agents and policyholders need us. With our quick turn-around time and fast friendly claims service, our personal service is unheard of in the industry today
Buckeye Insurance Group Underwriters are team oriented and take business pursuits seriously. Your assigned underwriter will personally visit with you and your office staff at least twice each year
We have a trained and professional staff ready to answer general policy inquiries and technology based questions as the need may arise
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of becoming a representative of Buckeye Insurance Group, please call (800) 672-3558. Ask our receptionist for the Sales Coordinator for your respective state.