We are currently looking for an Underwriter, who will be based in our Piqua, Ohio home office.
This is an entry-level position. After completing our training program, this individual will be assigned a territory and be responsible for:
· Underwriting new applications, conducting loss reviews and reviewing inspection reports
· Acting as the lead agency contact, which involves: maintaining existing agency relationships, establishing profit and growth goals, providing product and system training to agency staff; assisting and guiding marketing efforts between the agency and Buckeye
· Identifying opportunities for premium growth, proposing and implementing a plan of action to achieve this growth, assisting agents with writing business
· Obtaining and developing new agency appointments
· Identifying product needs and working with others within the company to implement revisions to meet those needs
We are looking for candidates who have:
· Excellent communication, organization, time-management and customer service skills
· Leadership skills - vital to this position, as we need individuals who have the ability to take initiative on plans and projects
· A desire for professional development
· Bachelor degree
· Prior property casualty experience preferred
Some overnight travel is required.
We offer an excellent benefit package including: health, dental and vision coverage, STD/LTD, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, incentive bonus, PTO, business casual dress, adjusted work hours during the summer and telecommuting.
The objective of Buckeye Insurance Group is to employ staff whose efficiency, loyalty, and teamwork will help us accomplish the mission of our company. Buckeye provides a work environment that focuses on career growth by offering challenging assignments and encouraging decision making. Our policy is to promote from within whenever possible. The continuing development of our employees is important to Buckeye.
Buckeye offers health, dental and life insurance, fully funded short and long term disability insurance. A 401(k) plan (with company match) and incentive bonus are also available. Paid time off, casual dress code, and adjusted work hours during the summer are additional benefits enjoyed by employees. Buckeye has an education assistance program and is dedicated to helping all employees continue to grow personally and professionally. A Years of Service Award program is in place to recognize employees for their years of dedication, loyalty, and contributions to the success of the company.
Unless otherwise noted, all positions listed are located at our home office in Piqua, Ohio. Piqua is a community of 20,000, located in West Central Ohio. Piqua offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati.