Buckeye Insurance Group is looking for a Sales Manager, who will be based in our Piqua, Ohio home office. This position will cover territories in Ohio and Indiana. Overnight travel is required, and is estimated to be up to five nights per month.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
· Prospecting, evaluating, appointing and developing new agencies, in alignment with profit and growth objectives
· Create strategies and execute plans, to achieve premium, profit and new business goals
· Work with internal business partners to:
o identify and capitalize on opportunities for growth
o resolve issues within the agency plant
· Collect and provide timely information regarding business initiatives within the marketplace,
· Utilize programs and tools designed to support the independent agency channel and provide analysis and reporting on key performance indicators
We are looking for candidates who have:
· Three to five years of experience, with proven sales and marketing skills
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to travel as required and operate an automobile within the parameters of the company driving policy, including a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the company’s mission
· Personal lines insurance experience preferred
· Bachelor degree, preferably in Business or related field
We offer an excellent benefit package including: health, dental and vision coverage, STD/LTD, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, incentive bonus, PTO, “dress for your day” dress code, summer hours and telecommuting, up to two days per week.
The objective of Buckeye Insurance Group is to employ staff whose efficiency, loyalty, and teamwork will help us accomplish the mission of our company. Buckeye provides a work environment that focuses on career growth by offering challenging assignments and encouraging decision making. Our policy is to promote from within whenever possible. The continuing development of our employees is important to Buckeye.
Buckeye offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, along with fully funded short and long term disability insurance. A 401(k) plan (with company match), incentive bonus and Health Savings Account funding are also available. Paid time off, "dress for your day" dress code, summer hours and a hybrid work environment are also enjoyed by employees. Buckeye has an education assistance program and is dedicated to helping all employees continue to grow personally and professionally.
Unless otherwise noted, all positions listed are located at our home office in Piqua, Ohio. Piqua is a community of 20,000, located in West Central Ohio. Piqua offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati.